Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Reef Breeders LEDs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/18/2017, 08:34 PM   #1
jlaudiofreak
Registered Member

Any owners or real reviews of the aquasanrise

I have been trying to find some real owners and real reviews of these light . Iím trying to order my lights this Friday itís just a hard call when you canít find anyone using them . So if there are any owners of these light please tell me what you think of these lights

jlaudiofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2018, 02:27 AM   #2
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

They aren't quite as popular as our Photon V2s- but they have some great features like the wifi app and the interchangeable LEDs. They work great and we cover the warranty on them for 2 years just like the photons.

Reef Breeders LLC
Reef_Breeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 11:30 AM   #3
solareclisped
Registered Member

I have a 36" on a 48" tank. It is a nice light with very nice controllability. It was not enough light for my tank but if you had one that was appropriate size for the tank then it would do very well. My tank is 4x3x2 so I had to supplement obviously.

solareclisped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2018, 03:56 PM   #4
slowngreen
Registered Member

I have the R60 on a 40b. Plenty bright and cool features. Everything seems very happy under it.

slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2018, 02:50 PM   #5
D&KSac
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudiofreak View Post
I have been trying to find some real owners and real reviews of these light . Iím trying to order my lights this Friday itís just a hard call when you canít find anyone using them . So if there are any owners of these light please tell me what you think of these lights
I have the R120 version on my tank. I posted on your other thread my thoughts. The fixtures is really nice. Love the construction, and appearance. The performance seems to be good. My tank was just recently rebuilt after being dry for a few years. I started the tank with this fixture this time, after running MH's for years. Since most of the coral's i have in my tank are still "frags" it's hard to have a context on it's performance, but they are growing. My Duncan recently gave birth to approximately 5 new baby heads.

The only thing i'm not very impressed with is the performance of the app. yes i love how you can set your own data points on the timer and adjust every channel to the color setting i want. There are some other cool features like the lightning and cloudy settings. I wish you could actually program them into your timer and not be a manual entry to turn them on or off. What causes me to not be impressed with it though is how hard it is to connect your device (mine is an iPad) to the fixture. This took quite a while to get working and several phone conversations with Logan (who is awesome). I still can't get it to connect to my Wifi and access the fixture remote. This has frustrated me and i finally gave up. I have read on many posts that this is a problem for most. Hope this helps.

David

For my Oceanic 156 Build thread click the little red house

Current Tank Info: Oceanic Ultimate 156, 40 gal sump/fuge, the rest is under construction.
D&KSac is offline   Reply With Quote