Reef Central Online Community
Neptune Systems

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/02/2017, 04:16 PM   #1
650-IS350
Registered Member

Hello Z's and P's keepers

Haven't been on in a long long time.

Haven't been active in the reefkeeping forums. Just wanted to say hello and see if the old folks are still around and kicking?

** There's a sucka born every minute--- continue to buy into newly hyped corals **
650-IS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2017, 10:09 PM   #2
kichimark
Μολὼν λαβέ

How's it going Charles? I just happened to take a stroll in the forum again. Lots of new names. How's the reef?

kichimark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2017, 04:26 PM   #3
650-IS350
Registered Member

Hello Mark,

Long time no talk. It's there, I don't touch it or mess with it as much like I used to before. Not as active on the reefing front or forums much. Just really busy with work and real life.

Right now I'm just letting the tank run on its own, at times I can say I have neglected it but husbandry of bi-weekly changes are still being made. I don't scan the forums anymore of what news things are popping up, what new fad or hype is around now. I haven't been to fish shops as much. I only go when I don't have time to make my own saltwater. Recently been to a fish shop twice in a month as I had a friend and an uncle who were thinking of getting a tank and into ReefKeeping, so I brought them to one LFS, showed them around compared differences to Fresh vs Salt, what type of equipment is needed, the differences in animals. I also introduced them to the owner of LFS as well.

That's pretty much been my reefkeeping life. How about yours? Do you still see any of the old timers?

I've started back up with my reptiles and Car Hobby and may also return to fishing as well.

** There's a sucka born every minute--- continue to buy into newly hyped corals **
Old 06/16/2017, 06:02 PM   #4
activecactus
Registered Member

You got to hit up some frag swaps to get bit by the bug again.

I went to my first one this year and it was a blast.

Current Tank Info: 90g mixed reef
activecactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2017, 11:30 AM   #5
650-IS350
Registered Member

I haven't gone to a frag swap in year(S). I'm more in the chillen mode now.

Old Today, 09:32 AM   #6
kichimark
Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650-IS350 View Post
Hello Mark,

Long time no talk. It's there, I don't touch it or mess with it as much like I used to before. Not as active on the reefing front or forums much. Just really busy with work and real life.

Right now I'm just letting the tank run on its own, at times I can say I have neglected it but husbandry of bi-weekly changes are still being made. I don't scan the forums anymore of what news things are popping up, what new fad or hype is around now. I haven't been to fish shops as much. I only go when I don't have time to make my own saltwater. Recently been to a fish shop twice in a month as I had a friend and an uncle who were thinking of getting a tank and into ReefKeeping, so I brought them to one LFS, showed them around compared differences to Fresh vs Salt, what type of equipment is needed, the differences in animals. I also introduced them to the owner of LFS as well.

That's pretty much been my reefkeeping life. How about yours? Do you still see any of the old timers?

I've started back up with my reptiles and Car Hobby and may also return to fishing as well.
Your reefing life sounds like mine right about now haha. I took down my 100g artesian when I sold my house recently and moved to a nicer area for the family. I just started a 13.5G Fluval Evo and seeding it with some old school zoas/paly's (fruit loops, pink zippers, UC, Blondies, hornets, etc). It is in its first week but the frags are open and full so I am good.

I don't go on the forums much anymore or the stores besides the one that sell live feeders for my reptiles. Got a few indigos and boas in my classroom along with a couple bearded dragons and cresteds. I didn't know you were into reptiles, what kind do you have?

I don't see anyone from years past still on here anymore. Many of them on my friends list have not logged on in more than a year . It would be cool to see how everyones experiences has evolved.

This was my tank before i sold it off. I am starting to see the big time hyping/naming trends of the anemones like what happened to the zoas/acans of years past. It actually saddens me now but it is what it is. I would post a pic of my EVO tank but it is not filled in yet with new growth since it is so new and the light colored rocks (no coraline) makes it real bright haha.

kichimark is online now   Reply With Quote