Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/13/2017, 07:41 AM   #176
soulpatch
Registered Member

How far can the unit be from the sump and how much higher to still be viable? IE I have a cabinet on the wall that I woudl love to store this in but it would be about 4 ft higher then the sump and about 2 feet to the side. Is this doable? I am thinking i would use it as monitor only but also let me know if this would be an issue should I allow it to dose.

I have had numerous complaints before but that regent cost is outstanding and negates a ton of other negatives. You state with the promo that you get a free bottle of regent. Is that the 1L bottle you mentioned above?

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2017, 12:53 AM   #177
jonasroman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
How far can the unit be from the sump and how much higher to still be viable? IE I have a cabinet on the wall that I woudl love to store this in but it would be about 4 ft higher then the sump and about 2 feet to the side. Is this doable? I am thinking i would use it as monitor only but also let me know if this would be an issue should I allow it to dose.

I have had numerous complaints before but that regent cost is outstanding and negates a ton of other negatives. You state with the promo that you get a free bottle of regent. Is that the 1L bottle you mentioned above?
I am very glad in your interest and I am convinced you will be satisfied:-)
Stay tuned tonight, we will be broadcasting from ReefDudes(Youtube), and I think he will guide customer through the different brands pros and cons.

Theoretically is the distance with no limit, but as hoses contains "old" water, you should avoid too long hoses. We have algorithms to rinse also the hoses so the distance is not extremely crucial, and your distances will work, even if they are in the upper limits. Theoretically whats happens with too long hoses is only that if you happens to have a very big difference between 2 measurements AND that measurements is with very short time-distance (like immediately after a water change), that second measurement could be some "diluted" by the old one. This is not in normal use any problem, and with hoses less than 1 m this issue will never happens as we rinse also the hoses. So with that knowledge it should work fine in your setup.

yes, we are happy to offer that very low cost running cost. Thanks for nice feedback:-)
I am concidering to offer the user in the webbshop an affordable 1000ml measure cylinder to do it more easy for you to mix the reagent with good precision:-)

The included 1 liter was from beginning the ready to use solution, but we will consider to change that to the more concentrated formula and thus it is equal to 5 liter ready to use solution. I will be back concerning that, but 1 liter of reagent is for free, that is sure, if you order before last october.

We have also included some new nice features in the software, like enable/disable functions concerning action modes and so called wash out mode. Wash out mode is an algorithm to detect a seldom error-measure which always can happens in all machines. Thus a security thing. The action mode is a button where you can disable/enable them machines action potential. When disable, then machine only measure. When enable, it also doses and control a socket.

Finaly we also have included 2 BNC output to send the dKH to a third part aquarium-computer of every kind. The second BNC is to communicate with our coming Dose-station, which will be a slave to Alkatronic(but also possible to buy separate as a master). You do not need to buy this dose-stations of course, Alkatronic is standalone and manage all functions by itself.

Happy reefing
Jonas Roman

jonasroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2017, 09:48 AM   #178
jonasroman
Registered Member

Here it comes, the preliminary user manual!

We have decided, as we have started to take orders, and interest for Alkatronic is great, already now offer our customer, and future customer also of course, the prel-version of the user manual. This can in best case answer some of your questions. This is a prel-version, and will be subject to changes. The final version later will completely substitute this version.

Do not hesitate to be back with questions, and also suggestions if something is unclear or bad explained by me. I appreciate all feedback

Sorry, this website do not permit this file-size. Please look at our website for the pdf.

Happy reefing
Jonas Roman/Designer

Old 10/15/2017, 02:20 AM   #179
jonasroman
Registered Member

https://youtu.be/FMybo19iOjw

if you missed the live-stream

/Jonas

Old 10/15/2017, 12:08 PM   #180
unze
Registered Member

Fantastic to see hobbyists ideas being incorporated into the kh doser, well done Jonas for being open and transparent.

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #181
jonasroman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unze View Post
Fantastic to see hobbyists ideas being incorporated into the kh doser, well done Jonas for being open and transparent.
Thank you so much:-)

Jonas

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #182
rere85
Registered Member

sorry if this has already been mentioned but can we use kalkwasser dosing with this controller?

rere85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #183
jonasroman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere85 View Post
sorry if this has already been mentioned but can we use kalkwasser dosing with this controller?
yes you can!
The calculated dosage from Alkatronic is based on the Balling-receipt(82 gram NaHCO3/liter), so if you uses other solutions you have to do a recalculation with a factor. We will implement that in the software as an update after launching the machine, but until that update you can Always do it yourself by "fooling" the machine by put Another value for the aquarium volume in the settings.
If you for instance have an aquarium of 700 liter and uses Tritons Core7, just type 100 liter in the settings of aqurium volume, and Alkatronic will dose correct. For Kalkwasser it is not ideal but works, becasue too much kalkwasser will increase pH in tank. So if you insist using kalkwasser I should actually stay for the ordinary settings to avoid too much doses. We encourage to actually use NaHCO3 as the solution.

/Jonas Roman