Reef Central Online Community
Tunze USA

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/20/2017, 07:00 PM   #9726
jalisco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalisco View Post
Hi Floyed,

I put your Rev 3 L2 on my aquarium 6 months ago and connot get it to take off.
45gal DT
20gal Sump
2.5 liters Siporax
Radion XR30 Pro (haven't turned on to let ATS get going)
Open flow minimum real reaf rock
1 cube per day
Yasha Goby
Helfrichi Fire Fire
Tanaka Possum Wrasse
2ea. Scarlet hermits
2ea. Dwarf Blue Leg hermits
1ea. Pom Pom crab
1ea. Randalli Pistol shrimp

Having trouble loading files right now. I'll try again shortly.
The first photo is three months ago at 18hrs a day with the lights in the factory delivered setting. The photo is a litter greener than in person where it is more of a dead yellow/grey color. After that photo I changed the lights to 12hrs on 12 off per a recommendation you made to someone else.

The next three photos are after a few months of 12 on 12 off and about a half cube per day. in the third picture I'm trying to show how mealy the algae is when I scrape it in case that tells you something.

The flow rate is about 240gph (based on holding tubing at L2's inlet level and filling a graduated bucket to 2.5 gallons and doing the math). I tried turning the Radion on and it grew the same yellow/grey algae on the DT glass with in a week or two.

More light? Less light? More food?

Thanks for any help.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ta.JPG (33.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg tb.JPG (35.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tc.JPG (42.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg t4.JPG (29.0 KB, 4 views)
jalisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #9727
aiber
Registered Member

Hello All! I've had my ATS running for around 5 months and still not getting thick algae on it. I am getting mostly bubble algae and red algae. Minimum of hair algae.

I am happy that there is really no nuisance algae in my DT but are there any pointers you can offer to get thick hair algae? Should I be worried about the slime and bubble algae growing on my ATS?

Thanks

Current Tank Info: 50 Gall. Cube Reef Tank
aiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM   #9728
hkgar
Registered Member

What size screen? Flow rate? What type lights? How much do you feed?

Lot's of variables. If you do not have DT algae there is probably nothing to be concerned about but the best way to know if it is doing its job is the answer to this question:
What are the levels of NO3 and PO4- the nutrients?

180 gallon, 30 gallon sump, 3 250W Radiums,4 ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Reef Octopus CaRx

Current Tank Info: Midas Blenny, Yellow/Purple, Red Head, Hoevans, Possum Wrasses, 2 Barred Rabbit, Cherub & Spotbreast Angle, Kole, Purple & Caribbean Tangs, Matted Filefish, 2 Percula Clown, 4 PJ Cardinals
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #9729
biecacka
Registered Member

Just cleaned my screen and noticed something interesting. The 1/2 of he screen closest to the water line was nice and thick in algae, the side furthest away was just slightly brown.
Maybe not enough water flow?

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote